"Albertsson Hansen designed a beautiful, light-filled home that meets the demands of our three rough-and-tumble boys. The spaces expand for family celebrations and contract for intimate dinners. And our home is full of surprises: window seats, pocket doors, porches, and a scullery."— Owners
Download the Flash plugin from the Adobe downloads page to get the full experience of this project.
Portfolio | Linden Hills Addition
Remodeling, Minneapolis, Minnesota. The clients for this project sought gracious, beautiful spaces for large scale entertaining while simultaneously providing a comfortable family home for a family with three young boys. Albertsson Hansen added a generously sized kitchen, reconfigured the living/dining room with a built-in buffet, converted the original kitchen to a scullery, and added a family room as the hub for daily living. A new mudroom features built-in cabinetry with ample storage to hide Minnesota-winter clutter.
- Wide paneled doorways between main rooms allow easy circulation during parties.
- Translucent pass-through from buffet to scullery allows off-stage serving and easy clean up.
- Continuous banquettes along north and east sides of living room provide generous storage.
- Kitchen & Bath Ideas, January 2010
- Home of the Month Award, AIA Minnesota/Star Tribune, 2010